Las Ramblas in Barcelona are without a doubt one of the most famous sights to see in Barcelona, and have inspired many of the souvenirs of the Catalan Capital. When you're in the city, you may no doubt want to stay by this famous landmark, and there is a huge number of Barcelona Accommodation
in the area nearby. What will you find on Las rambles and it's surroundings? Well, let's see!
The drinking water fountains:
Okay, they might not sound too special, but if you're an FC Barcelona fan, there's one particular fountain (or Canaleta in Spanish) in the middle of Las Ramblas where the team celebrate their wins. The truth is it's not a very special drinking water source, but it became somewhat of a symbol for FC Barcelona during the 30s, and the tradition has stuck.
You will find this palace 20 meters from Las Ramblas in Career Nou de la Rambla. It was built by Antoni Guadí and is a great place to visit if you plan on following in the footsteps of Guadi
. This palace was built by the famous Catalan architect and although it's not his most famous work, it's certainly one of his most delightful to see.
The Human Statues:
These are probably the most famous reason to come visit Las Ramblas, they have become an iconic symbol of the street. There are less than a few years ago but you can still find them at work. There are some very homemade creative designs that are site to make you laugh and enjoy what can only be described as a unique art.
The Grand Theatre of Liceu:
This remains the oldest and most prestigious theater in Barcelona that is still functioning, especially as an opera house, among which it is considered to be one of the biggest in the world. You will note that this theatre (especially the inside) has many original parts intact, some of which date back to 1838.
Painters and Caricaturists:
No city vacation location is complete without at least having the option to get your caricature done. There are many in London, New York, and Paris; Barcelona is no exception. At the end of Las Ramblas there are many talented artists who make beautiful paintings of the city, they're the perfect souvenir to bring back for anyone, or keep for yourself to put on the wall as a reminder of the wonderful time you had in the city. You can also get a caricature done which will surely be a talking point for your guests in the future.
So what more reasons could you want for renting an apartment near Las Ramblas?! Well, here are five more!
- It's very close to Plaza Catalunya and Passeig de Gracia, where you will find a great place to go shopping, like as the largest Apple store in Europe, or the El Corte Ingles department store which is a part of the backbone in Spanish culture. Down Passeig the Gracia you will find two modernist buildings from Guadí. Casa Batlló and Casa Mila (La Pedrera)
- You can reach the sea in only 20 minutes from the start of Las Ramblas, it is here you can view a statue of Columbus.
- There are loads of restaurants in the area as well as a vibrant nightlife.
- An apartment in Las Ramblas is cheaper than staying in a hotel room of the same quality.
- You can travel in large groups and all stay in the same location.
So when you visit Barcelona, why not consider staying by this famous road?